Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question not listed here, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attorney Hub (AttyHub for short) is a subscription-based website platform and service specifically designed for solo legal practitioners and small law firms.
AttyHub was created and is owned by Animus Rex, Inc., a digital agency based in New York City that's been making law firm websites for big firms, like Proskauer, Cahill, Boise Schiller, Kaye Scholer and Kelly Drye since 2001.
Over the years, they created very sophisticated tools for these large firms including a powerful and flexible application platform called Eskort which included an easy to use content management system (CMS). AttyHub was born from the idea that we could take these great tools and apply them to small law needs at small law budgets.
We mapped the DNA of the most requested features: bio microsites, practices, inter-related news, etc. and created a system to easily deploy 90% of a website ready to be customized with your content. If you can "color within the lines" we can make you a fantastic website at a reasonable cost. If you need something custom, we can still use the same basic toolset and only charge you for what is actually custom vs starting from scratch.
By leveraging our amazing toolset, AttyHub brings “Big Law” website features to Solo Practitioners and Small Law Firms at a fraction of the price!
- 1 attorney: $1,500 setup, $50/month
- Easily expandable to multiple attorneys
- Pay the difference in setup for the next level up -- and you're on your way
Small Law Firms:
- 2-5 attorneys: $3,000 setup, $100/month
- 6-10 attorneys: $6,000 setup, $200/month
- 11-20 attorneys: $9,000 setup, $300/month
- 21-30 attorneys: $12,000 setup, $400/month
- Over 30 attorneys: Call for a quote.
There is more pricing information here.
We've worked hard to make sure pricing is both competitive and tiered in a fair way, so we don't negotiate prices. That said, if you think our pricing is out of line and can point us to a truly comparable product that is less expensive, we may consider adjusting pricing for everyone.
A lot! Out of the box, we offer variations on colors, fonts, photo styles/sizes, inclusion or exclusion of various features and the arrangement of key page elements. We also have common elements used for a wide range of applications.
Sure! As of January 2018 we have:
- Logo (or simple Name)
- Social icons (to your social pages - LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube)
- Primary Email
- Primary Phone
- Toll-free Phone
- Print version (rendered)
- Share (Email, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+)
- Hero Banner
- Marketing Statement/Tagline
- Call to Action
- Video Background
- Picture Background
- Mobile Background
- Lawyer Search
- Various search options
- Mini Bio (including picture, summary, contact info and link to full bio)
- Practices (list or grid layout)
- Recent News
- One page or many
- Practice landing
- One or more practices (no limit)
- Practice detail
- Practice Name
- Related News
- Related Lawyers
- Practice Chairs
- Attachments (for brochures, presentations, etc.)
- Cases landing
- List of cases (no limit)
- Case Detail
- Case Name
- Case Type (often corresponds to practice or category)
- Case Number
- Case Contacts (Related Lawyers)
- Attachments (for case documents, etc.)
- Attorney Landing
- Simple Grid
- Simple List
- For slightly larger firms
- A-Z listing
- Search form (name, practice, position)
- Search return
- Featured attorney
- Attorney Biography
- Many features
- Large photos in multiple layouts
- Office (each attorney can have more than one office if needed)
- Office Name (usually city)
- Mobile Phone (optional)
- Automated vCard
- Social Links (to personal social vs firm social)
- Download (optional PDF download at additional cost)
- Narrative Bio (any length)
- Linked Practices
- Language Fluency
- Related News, Publications, Events
- All, none, or any combination of these
- Subcategories if needed
- Landing pages
- List or grid (various column configurations)
- Text or photos
- Load more feature
- Date (automated date label override)
- Body Copy
- Attachments (any number of PDFs, Office documents, etc.)
- Arbitrary category tags
- External links
- Related Attorneys
- Related Practices
- Related Offices
- Content Discovery (very powerful if you have a lot of news)
- Publication Sign-up (requires optional native newsletter eblast system or integration with third-party - we currently support Mail Chimp and Constant Contact)
- Firm Name
- Primary Phone
- Primary Fax
- Address (multiple offices available)
- Lead generation form (s)
- Embedded Live Google Map (s)
- Individual Job Posting System (available but extra)
- Resume submission forms (included)
- Any number of Questions and corresponding Answers
- Easily sortable (drag and drop)
- Easily customizable per page
- Non-branded natively hosted (available but extra for our global content delivery network/CDN)
- Native media hosting enables audio or video podcasts
- Images (any number)
- Easily sorted (drag/drop)
- Easily replaced or updated
- Legal Name
- Copyright notice (year automatically updates)
- Legal Notices/Attorney Advertising
And there are many more backend features, and new page element/features are continually in development.
Yes! AttyHub is a turnkey system.
Not only is hosting included, but it's good hosting too.
- Backed up
No, we don't.
You can get reliable business email (with your custom domain) from Google using their G-Suite product, Microsoft using their Office 365 product, or from other 3rd party providers.
AttyHub is a month-to-month service. If you're not happy, cancel at any time.
If you're not happy and want to go, then you can go.
Let us know when you want to go and we'll stop billing and service on that day.
If it's mid-month, we'll prorate the billing to the day and promptly issue a refund.
Please note: we will archive your site just in case the grass was not greener and you want to come back!
The most important thing we need from you is content.
If you have an existing website, we can often pull much of the content from that and then show you how to tweak and edit the new site.
If you don't have a site, we help to simplify the process by providing a comprehensive content guide complete with templates and examples.
If you need help with copywriting, we can do that at an additional cost.
We also need your thoughts on what makes your practice unique, who you serve, what you like in terms of color and style.
We help to guide you through the process so it's as easy as possible.
The copyright holder. If that's you, then you own the content.
We do not claim ownership of any of your content.
We do maintain certain rights in order to properly host your website, but you own and control your content.
Yes. It's an extra fee, but we'd be happy to make you a logo as well as the design for business cards and other collateral that may be needed. We can recommend premium printers or you can take the files and go somewhere like FedEx Office or VistaPrint.
We do not, but we know a lot of great photographers if you need a recommendation. And we're happy to work with your photographer if you have one.
If it's your photographer, we'll provide complete specifications so your bio photo provides the right impact.
The site can get as big as you need it to be.
AttyHub's underlying platform hosts very (very) large sites. The largest site we've ever made is a little over 125,000 pages. The larger law firm sites we make tend to be in the 10,000-page range.
So, we've got you covered. Go ahead and GROW!!!
Assuming we have the content, a small site takes a day or two before we can show you something and then another week or so before it's ready to launch.
A larger site will take a little longer - typically a week or two to show you something and then another week or two before it's ready to launch.
But a lot depends on you being committed to the process and getting us the things we need to help you. We can't do it alone and we do need the content to start. If you have an existing site that we can take content from, that will speed up the process a lot. If content needs to be developed, that will add time. How much time depends on how much content. We typically figure a full business day per page.
Yes, we can! In fact, it usually makes things a lot easier.
We'll migrate the content and then show you how to edit it within the AttyHub CMS. This way you get a great new site quickly and a great CMS to keep it current going forward.
Yes, that's the deal.
We'll help you transfer your domain (website address, sometimes: URL) to our platform where your new site will "live."
This doesn't happen until you're happy with the new site. We build the new site on a subdomain of attyhub.com where you can see it in action, but when it's ready to go live, your domain will be pointed to the new website.
We are fanatics about security and have never been hacked despite hosting extremely high profile websites for 18 years.
We follow industry best practices when architecting and building sites, including:
- Enforced security for display layer coding
- Review of all custom scripting to ensure it does not compromise data security of the website
- Encryption on the servers and SSL, when required (we recommend “Always SSL / https everywhere”)
- Implementation of Web forms using a combination of client-side and server-side validation
- Round trip email address verification to mitigate spam
- Standardized methods to mitigate cross-site scripting
- Use of SendGrid, an industry leader in email delivery, for transactional emails
AttyHub exists on the Google Cloud Platform, which is highly secure and regularly conducts independent verification of security, privacy and compliance controls. Google undergoes several independent third-party audits on a regular basis to provide this assurance. This means that an independent auditor has examined the controls present in our data centers, infrastructure and operations.
The primary auditing standards are:
Google’s third-party audit approach is designed to be comprehensive in order to provide assurances of Google’s level of information security with regard to confidentiality, integrity and availability. Customers may use these third-party audits to assess how Google’s products can meet their compliance and data-processing needs.
For additional information on the audits Google performs (including HIPPA and others), please see: https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance.
In general, two things might happen:
- We'll make it and incorporate it into the overarching platform because all or most customers could benefit from it. In this case, we won't charge you for the new feature.
- The feature you need is not really applicable to most of our customers. In this case, we'll provide you an estimate for making that feature and if you think it sounds like a reasonable fee, make it.