Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question not listed here, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Attorney Hub (AttyHub for short) is a custom website platform and service specifically designed for solo legal practitioners and small law firms.
AttyHub was created and is owned by Animus Rex, Inc., a digital agency based in New York City that's been making law firm websites for big firms, like Proskauer, Cahill, Boise Schiller, Kaye Scholer and Kelly Drye since 2001.
Over the years, they created very sophisticated tools for these large firms including a powerful and flexible application platform called Eskort which included an easy to use content management system (CMS). We have refined this platform now to meet the unique needs of small law firms.
Solo Practitioners (1 attorney)
- Beatiful solo websites from $5,000-$7,000+
- Secure hosting starts at $25/month
- Easily expand to multiple attorneys
Small Law Firms (under 30 attorneys):
- World-class small law websites ranging from $8,000-$20,000+, depending on the number of attorneys and features
- Secure hosting ranges from $200-$400/month
There is more pricing information here.
While we create a custom site for you, most sites contain standard pages/sections. Below are some of the most common, which we include as part of the setup cost. Of course, every small law firm is different, and we can determine what you will need and how best to design for you in our initial Discovery phase (see Process).
- Logo (or simple Name)
- Social icons (to your social pages - LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube)
- Primary Email
- Primary Phone
- Toll-free Phone
- Print version (rendered)
- Share (Email, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+)
- Hero Banner
- Marketing Statement/Tagline
- Call to Action
- Video Background
- Picture Background
- Mobile Background
- Lawyer Search
- Various search options
- Mini Bio (including picture, summary, contact info and link to full bio)
- Practices (list or grid layout)
- Recent News
- One page or many
- Practice landing
- One or more practices (no limit)
- Practice detail
- Practice Name
- Related News
- Related Lawyers
- Practice Chairs
- Attachments (for brochures, presentations, etc.)
- Cases landing
- List of cases (no limit)
- Case Detail
- Case Name
- Case Type (often corresponds to practice or category)
- Case Number
- Case Contacts (Related Lawyers)
- Attachments (for case documents, etc.)
- Attorney Landing
- Simple Grid
- Simple List
- For slightly larger firms
- A-Z listing
- Search form (name, practice, position)
- Search return
- Featured attorney
- Attorney Biography
- Many features
- Large photos in multiple layouts
- Office (each attorney can have more than one office if needed)
- Office Name (usually city)
- Mobile Phone (optional)
- Automated vCard
- Social Links (to personal social vs firm social)
- Download (optional PDF download at additional cost)
- Narrative Bio (any length)
- Linked Practices
- Language Fluency
- Related News, Publications, Events
- All, none, or any combination of these
- Subcategories if needed
- Landing pages
- List or grid (various column configurations)
- Text or photos
- Load more feature
- Date (automated date label override)
- Body Copy
- Attachments (any number of PDFs, Office documents, etc.)
- Arbitrary category tags
- External links
- Related Attorneys
- Related Practices
- Related Offices
- Content Discovery (very powerful if you have a lot of news)
- Publication Sign-up (requires optional native newsletter eblast system or integration with third-party - we currently support Mail Chimp and Constant Contact)
- Firm Name
- Primary Phone
- Primary Fax
- Address (multiple offices available)
- Lead generation form (s)
- Embedded Live Google Map (s)
- Individual Job Posting System (available but extra)
- Resume submission forms (included)
- Any number of Questions and corresponding Answers
- Easily sortable (drag and drop)
- Easily customizable per page
- Non-branded natively hosted (available but extra for our global content delivery network/CDN)
- Native media hosting enables audio or video podcasts
- Images (any number)
- Easily sorted (drag/drop)
- Easily replaced or updated
- Legal Name
- Copyright notice (year automatically updates)
- Legal Notices/Attorney Advertising
Yes! AttyHub is a turnkey system.
Not only is hosting included, but it's good hosting too.
- Backed up
No, we don't.
You can get reliable business email (with your custom domain) from Google using their G-Suite product; Microsoft using their Office 365 product; or from other 3rd party providers.
AttyHub is a month-to-month service. If you're not happy, cancel at any time.
If you're not happy and want to go, then you can go.
Let us know when you want to go and we'll stop billing and service on that day.
If it's mid-month, we'll prorate the billing to the day and promptly issue a refund.
Please note: we will archive your site just in case the grass was not greener and you want to come back!
The most important thing we need to start is to talk with you about the purpose of your site. We will then strategize how best to achieve this for you. We make this process as easy as possible.
The next most important thing we need is your content, whether this is pulled from your old site or newly written by you. If you need help with copywriting, we can do that at an additional cost.
The copyright holder. If that's you, then you own the content.
We do not claim ownership of any of your content.
We do maintain certain rights in order to properly host your website, but you own and control your content.
Yes. It's an extra fee, but we'd be happy to make you a logo as well as the design for business cards and other collateral that may be needed. We can recommend premium printers or you can take the files and go somewhere like FedEx Office or VistaPrint.
We do not, but we know a lot of great photographers if you need a recommendation. And we're happy to work with your photographer if you have one.
If it's your photographer, we'll provide complete specifications so your bio photo provides the right impact.
The site can get as big as you need it to be.
AttyHub's underlying platform hosts very (very) large sites. The largest site we've ever made is a little over 125,000 pages. The larger law firm sites we make tend to be in the 10,000-page range.
So, we've got you covered. Go ahead and GROW!!!
Assuming we have the content, solo sites take about two weeks before we can show you something and then another week or so before it's ready to launch.
A larger site will take a little longer - typically a month to show you something and then another week or two before it's ready to launch.
But a lot depends on you being committed to the process and getting us the things we need to help you. We can't do it alone and we do need the content to start. If you have an existing site that we can take content from, that will speed up the process a lot. If content needs to be developed, that will add time. How much time depends on how much content. We typically figure a full business day per page.
Yes, we can! In fact, it usually makes things a lot easier.
Yes, that's the deal.
We'll help you transfer your domain (website address, sometimes: URL) to our platform where your new site will "live."
This doesn't happen until you're happy with the new site. We build the new site on a subdomain of attyhub.com where you can see it in action, but when it's ready to go live, your domain will be pointed to the new website.
We are fanatics about security and have never been hacked despite hosting extremely high profile websites for 18 years.
We follow industry best practices when architecting and building sites, including:
- Enforced security for display layer coding
- Review of all custom scripting to ensure it does not compromise data security of the website
- Encryption on the servers and SSL, when required (we recommend “Always SSL / https everywhere”)
- Implementation of Web forms using a combination of client-side and server-side validation
- Round trip email address verification to mitigate spam
- Standardized methods to mitigate cross-site scripting
- Use of SendGrid, an industry leader in email delivery, for transactional emails
AttyHub exists on the Google Cloud Platform, which is highly secure and regularly conducts independent verification of security, privacy and compliance controls. Google undergoes several independent third-party audits on a regular basis to provide this assurance. This means that an independent auditor has examined the controls present in our data centers, infrastructure and operations.
The primary auditing standards are:
Google’s third-party audit approach is designed to be comprehensive in order to provide assurances of Google’s level of information security with regard to confidentiality, integrity and availability. Customers may use these third-party audits to assess how Google’s products can meet their compliance and data-processing needs.
For additional information on the audits Google performs (including HIPPA and others), please see: https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance.